Your flooring is one of the most expensive parts of decorating your home. However, when you consider how much wear and tear your floor takes, and how much its style influences the rest of your home, it’s an investment you want to get right from the start.
There are so many choices when it comes to your floor, with more being invented every day, like hybrid flooring for example. Hybrid flooring is a composite of multiple layers of vinyl and laminate pressed together. This combination creates a floor you’ll love in your home because:
- It looks great. You can choose a great range of colours and finishes in hybrid flooring to suit your style. For example, you can have a timber-look floor which runs right from your living areas to your wet areas and to your bedrooms.
- It’s hardwearing. The combination of vinyl and laminate makes hybrid flooring very strong in any situation. Therefore, if you have kids, pets or just a partner who tends to walk around the house in their work boots, you don’t have to worry about your beautiful floor being scratched or damaged.
- It’s waterproof. You really can use hybrid flooring throughout your home, including in the wet areas. Not only do you not have to worry about spills in the kitchen or a knocked over dog bowl ruining the finish of your floor, but you can also have a sleek and stylish floor in your bathrooms and laundry.
- It’s easy to maintain. Look for hybrid flooring which has a lifetime warranty, as this means the manufacturer is ready to stand behind their floor’s durability. In the time you have your hybrid floor you won’t have to worry about sanding it back or doing any expensive or time-consuming waxing or polishing to keep it looking new.
- It’s easy to clean. You don’t have to get down on your hands and knees to scrub at grout as you would with tiles, and you don’t need a specialised wooden cleaning product or steam mop as you do with floorboards. All you need is a standard mop and bucket and you can quickly keep on top of a clean floor.